Clerk to Governors - Thursday 13th July 2017
Clerk to Governors
Required for September 2017
Grade 4, point 9 - 12
Salary: £17,419 - £19,430 pro rata
190 hours per annum
The Peele Community College is a popular, oversubscribed 11 -16 College in the rural market town of Long Sutton. There has been a significant improvement in GCSE results, with 53% of students now gaining at least 5 GCSE A* - C grades (inc E & M).
The Peele Community College is looking to appoint a well organised, reliable and enthusiastic Clerk to Governors.
The Clerk’s main role is to provide a professional service to the Governing Body, including the preparation and distribution of agenda and minutes, attending meetings of the Governing Body, dealing with general correspondence and maintaining records of attendance and meetings etc.
The successful candidate will:
- Be reliable efficient and able to observe confidentiality requirements
- Be able to provide excellent administrative support to the governing body and its committees at and outside of meetings and manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements
- Be able to provide advice to the governing body on governance, constitutional and procedural matters
- Be able to provide excellent administrative support to the governing body
- Be able to prioritise and work to an agreed schedule throughout the academic year
- Be competent in the use of Microsoft Word, email and the internet
A support staff application form can be obtained by visiting the College website www.thepeele.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications: 26th July 2017
Interviews: Week commencing: 31st August 2017
Applicants please note this post is subject to enhanced DBS clearance. This College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Applications close Wednesday 26th July 2017